Thursday, January 28, 2010

Escape Magic



One of the very first books I ever read on magic was about Houdini. I fell in love with escape magic early on in life, although mom was not very keen on her 9 year old playing with ropes and handcuffs. Dad on the other hand was the one who would tie me up when I asked. It would sometimes take him 25 minutes to tie me up with 100 feet of rope and I would hop into the bathroom and escape in as little time as 2 minutes; he got tired of this game way before I did. The hard part about escapes, especially as a kid, is getting someone to tie you up(you can't tie yourself up)and a lot of practice is what is needed. Now I am able to play not only with rope but chains, antique handcuffs, regulation police handcuffs, thumbcuffs, neck restraints, straight jackets and more. Now, it is not hard to get volunteers to tie me up at each & every illusion show because they can't wait to see if I can get out. To see me escape from a straight jacket suspended upside down 4 stories above the ground check out youtube.com and search Wes Iseli.

No comments:

Post a Comment