Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Our new baby bunnies




It was the last week of October when I got the phone call, someone got a bunny for their child and everyone grew tired of it. “So Mr. Magician, would you like our bunny?” I get this phone call at least once a year. I have not purchased a bunny from a breeder or a store in a very long time. Anyway, back to the story. This person was giving away a male and a female bunny and they had been kept in separate cages. When we went to pick up the bunnies we were told that the child had let the bunnies “play together” a few weeks before and they just wanted to warn us. We get the bunnies home and put them in separate cages and made them comfortable. The next day as I went to feed she had pulled out most of her hair from her belly to make a nest. I grabbed all the
fur and the mom and put her in our special cage we have for mom’s complete with a nesting box. The next day she gave birth to 8 baby bunnies. We got 10 for the price of 2….

Check out my facebook page to see more pictures of the babies...

No comments:

Post a Comment